Who Care About Privacy?
- In a competitive market, increasing user engagement and your online sales depends on customer trust and online credibility.
- 88% of online shoppers say that the protection of their personal data is a top concern (Trust Marks: Whatâ€™s Behind the Label Counts. Publication. Comp.
- Mc-Afee. Boston, MA: Yankee Group Research, February 2009).
- 79% of consumers are concerned about unauthorized access to their personally identifiable information (July 2010. â€śConsumers & Convergence IVâ€ť KPMG).
- Google AdSense Program Policies
Generate a policy without the dull and complex legal language used in typical consumer notices and demonstrates through a helpful, shortened summary of your site’s privacy practices. Users can easily navigate and understand your privacy practices with intuitive privacy icons.
- Accurately describes your site’s data collection, use and storage practices.
- Keeps you up-to-date on new state & federal compliance issues.
- Notifies you of hidden data collection practices via automatic scan.
- Gives you the flexibility to edit your policy as your business grows or changes.
- Why privacy matters to your business
- Understanding the fundamentals of privacy
- Privacy drives business
- If you have online privacy it means you have transparency, accountability and choice in the collection and use of your personal information. Having these things means having privacy, no matter how much information you share about yourself. Thereâ€™s a reason websites have seen up to an 84% increase in purchases when displaying the TRUSTe Web Privacy Seal: itâ€™s because privacy matters.
- Privacy is good business because it builds trust. Online shoppers are naturally wary of transactions and products that they canâ€™t see and inspect in person, so establishing strong privacy practices is a great way to help close that gap of uncertainty and potential mistrust. One of the best ways to build trust is to advertise your privacy commitment with trustmarks like TRUSTeâ€™s Web Privacy Seal to signal to consumers the strength of your commitment. Increased trust can only help your business.
|If you company:||If you company:
* Include 1500 seal impressions per month.
|Dispute Resolution||None||TRUSTe Watchdog|
|Buy 1 Year||USD24.95/year||USD99.90/year|
|Buy 2 Years||USD22.95/year|
|Buy 3 Years||USD19.95/year|
Copy and pasting a policy
Not convinced? TRUSTe Customers: Real-World Examples
For over a decade, TRUSTe has shown thousands of businesses–from leading brands like Microsoft, IBM, and eBay to smaller start-up Web sites–the advantages of protecting consumer privacy.
Here are a few real-world situations that show how TRUSTe has helped businesses boost ROI by leveraging TRUSTe’s leading privacy services, seals and programs.