Blogger to WordPress
For those who has blogged in Blogger or Blogspot and would like to switch to self-hosted WordPress(best of all blogging platform), these are the following steps you need to follow:
- Login to your self-hosted WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Tools > Import.
- Select on Blogger. It will prompt you for the Blogger Importer plugins and just click Install. Or you can manually install it from¬†http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/blogger-importer/
- After installing the Blogger Importer plugins, go back to the Tools > Import and click Blogger and you will see this page below.
- Click Authorize and you will get¬†the authorization between WordPress and Google Blogger account that you have. After this, you will be prompted to grant access. Click Grant access to proceed.
- After clicking the Grant access, you will go to the import page that looks like a snapshot below where the import process will take place if you click the import button.
- After the import process, the set authors button will appear. By clicking the set authors button, you will see a page that looks like the snapshot below and you may configure the author according to your desired preferences.
- After this, click Save changes and you have¬†successfully¬†imported your blogpost from Blogger to WordPress.
Notice: Some XML files that are being imported directly from Blogger’s blog tools may face some incompatibility issue after being implemented in WordPress therefore there’s another solution whereby the downloaded XML files from Blogger have to undergo a conversion tool through this link¬†http://blogger2wordpress.appspot.com/¬†where it is converted to WXR files for enhanced import to WordPress.
On my next post, I will be writing on the migration guide from Posterous to self-hosted WordPress. Stay tuned and please subscribe to our blog’s RSS to get update on our blog and WordPress tips.