To setup domain mapping from WordPress 3.0, you may follow the steps as below.
- Log into your fresh installation of WordPress 3.0.
- Add the line as below to your wp-config.php file.
- You shall be able to found Network from your WordPress tool as image below.
- Click on the Network link.
- You shall be asked for set the sub-domains or sub-directories sites to your network, select the radio button of sub-domains.
- Click on Install button.
- WordPress 3.0 shall guide you 3 step where you shall create the blogs.dir folder according to the given path, coding to insert to your wp-config.php file and coding to insert to your .htaccess file.
- Once you have done, relogin again.
- Next, you shall log into your cPanel and create the wildcard subdomain as detail below.
- Go to the Super Admin panel and select on Sites, add the subdomain.
- Then select on Edit from the subdomain.
- Change the value of Domain, Siteurl, Home, and Fileupload Url to suit to your new domain.
- Edit your wp-config.php file again and change the value as below.
cPanel => domains => Subdomains =>
Subdomain: * (asterisk) and select your domain name.
Document Root: your WordPress path.
From (assume that you are using domain.com)
define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'domain.com' );
define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', ". $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']." );